Labels

Friday, 7 August 2015

Perished Pixies & A Long Overdue Update

Oh, wow, 2 years?!
I'll be honest, I have exactly 0 excuses.  I dropped the ball & gravity and/or procrastination kept it there.

 I have a couple of pieces on the go - or perhaps more accurately, a couple of pieces waiting to go.  The 12 Houses of Gemworld pieces are still sitting at finished final pencils stage, as is She-Ra vs Amethyst & a doll-style Dark Phoenix.  A doll reroot was completed earlier this year, too.  I've had many ideas flitting in and out of my brain, but no real finished results.  Soon.  Maybe...

I had ventured into a little side project for a while called "Perished Pixies".  Basically, they are little dead faerie ornaments and though they were time consuming, they were a lot of fun!  Working with miniatures was new to me.  Here are a few examples:

Perished Pixie of the Blood Red Sky - 2012
Perished Pixie of the Violet Light - 2012
Perished Pixie of the Meadow Stream - 2012

Perished Pixies
Plastic, feathers, cloth, rhinestones, crystals, flowers, glue, wire, string, beads, glass, paint
2012

Perished Pixie of the Blood Red Sky's wings took me over 12 hours of sewing & placement.  Needless to say, I didn't make too many of that style.  I have also since changed her little bead to an actual rainbow crystal sphere.  (On average, these little figures take me between 5-20 hours)

These make pretty sweet additions to a Halloween display.  Putting them inside large jars makes a nice effect.  The only thing is that the glue shows up under a black light :/  Ah well.

The disclaimer: These are characters of my own creation, as is the name "Perished Pixies".

No comments:

Post a Comment